This post is sponsored by Chi of Life
At some point we all crave some comfort food. It might have been a rough week at work, we are feeling lazy, the weather is gloomy, it’s that time of the month, whatever the reason we just feel like some food that is thick and warm and will give us a cuddle. But more often than not we regret it afterwards, the food sits heavy in our tummy and heavy on our minds.
Pizza is a common comfort food and one that I love and one that I know I can enjoy guilt free. That is, if I make a few modifications. The biggest one being, making a grain free and low carb version that has fewer calories, by using cauliflower as the base instead of the traditional dough.
I have mentioned before, when I made cauliflower soup, this is a super food so not only are you ditching the heavy dough but you are adding so many other benefits. Now, for any skeptics out there, please just try this before you dismiss it. It really is delicious and such a good substitute.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
600g Cauliflower, about ½ head
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
S&P to taste
- Preheat your oven to 215C
- Grate or process the cauliflower until crumbed. Cook this in the microwave for 10 minutes until tender. Allow to cool.
- Drain any excess water before adding in your remaining ingredients and stirring to combine well.
- Press into your pizza pan or onto a sheet of baking paper on a tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and add your pizza toppings.
I added a spread of tomato paste, a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese, top with sliced mushroom, shredded poached chicken, sliced cherry tomatoes, and some cooked chorizo slices. Be creative and add whatever you like.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and you cannot resist any longer.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
What toppings would you add to your pizza?
Do you like cauliflower crust?
While I have you here, this week I am asking all of my readers to please take 2 minutes to answer a quick survey for me so that I can make this site better for you. Thank you so much for your help.Love it. Follow me. . .