I feel like I am cheating you a little bit here because this isn’t really a recipe, more of a ‘how to’ I suppose. It has one ingredient so it is pretty hard to stuff up. Nevertheless, these Crispy Parmesan Cups have a certain wow factor that makes it seem like you have done something pretty fancy. Spoil your family or pull it out at your next special occasion, either way I think these are going to be a winner.
Crispy Parmesan Cups
50g finely grated Parmesan (makes about 16)
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an egg ring (or something similar) sprinkle your Parmesan inside the ring, making sure it is even. Remove your egg ring and use the back of a spoon to gently press it down.
- Leave a space between each disc as it will spread slightly. I would only do 3 at a time because you need to work quickly when you remove them from the oven as they set fast.
- Bake for 5 minutes until they are melted and golden.
- Use a knife to lift your disc and place it over an upside down mini cupcake pan. Lightly press it into shape. As soon as it sets you can remove it and set aside on a cooling rack while you make the rest. Try to cool your tray in between batches and wipe any excess oil from the baking paper too.
You can store your crispy Parmesan cups in an air tight container for a few days if you need to. But they are pretty quick and easy to just make and eat.
You could fill these with all sorts of delicious things but I like to enjoy them with a big dollop of a delicious avocado mix. You could make your signature guacamole mix (we all have one with a “secret” ingredient right?!) or use this super quick and easy mixture.
Herbs, flowers or slices of chilli to decorate
- Mash your avocado with some lime juice and mix in some finely sliced chilli, coriander leaves and a sprinkle of salt.
- Scoop a spoonful into each crispy cup and garnish with some extra herbs, sliced chilli or perhaps some small edible flowers from the garden. You could even top them with some crispy chorizo which I would have done had I been a bit more organised. Or even a coconut prawn!
- Serve immediately as they will obviously soften the longer they sit there with a filling. Don’t worry, these are sure to be gobbled up pretty fast!
What would you fill your crispy Parmesan cups with?Love it. Follow me. . .