It seems that Toblerone &on&on&on is the chocolate of choice for Father’s Day, it certainly is in our house and while I love it as is, sometimes enough is enough. I found a way to use up a whole block of it at once with this oh so gooey and rich pudding. If you don’t have any Toblerone on hand, and don’t want to duck to the shops to buy some, I think that this would be just as delicious with dark chocolate.
This is a very rich and decadent dessert and is certainly a sometimes food but boy is it good!
Toblerone & Caramel Chocolate Pudding
380g of dulce de leche – see my easiest ever homemade recipe below or use store bought caramel filling
80ml (1/3 cup) cream
200g bar of Toblerone (or dark chocolate)
60g unsalted butter
90g brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g (½ cup) almond meal
cocoa for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180C, and lay out 6 small oven proof dishes ready on a baking tray.
- Whisk your dulce de leche (or caramel) and cream together and separate evenly into your 6 dishes.
- Melt your chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until it has doubled in size. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Fold your chocolate, egg mixture and almond meal together.
- Divide the mixture evenly over your caramel cream into your dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes until mixture has risen and the centre is still gooey and soft.
- Let your pudding stand for 5 minutes before dusting with cocoa and serving.
You might like to have an optional scoop of ice cream on the side to cut through the richness or a handful of strawberries to dunk in the gooey middle.
Pour 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk into a small oven proof dish. Sprinkle salt over the top and cover with foil. Sit this dish in a water bath and pop into the oven at 200C for 90 minutes. Check the water level every 30 minutes and top up as needed. Remove from oven when golden. Whisk to a smooth consistency. Cool and store in a well sealed jar in the fridge.
Do you love Toblerone?
Have you ever made Dulche de Leche like this before?
Oh, and I am thrilled to be co-hosting Fabulous Foodie Fridays,
so be sure to drop back for that!