This is one of those recipes that combines so many of my favourite ingredients and the flavours just pop. You could easily use this for dinner, breakfast, or as a bring-a-plate for a BBQ lunch it just lends itself so well to any time of the day.
The chorizo and pumpkin are stars in this dish but the kale is yummy too. I was going to add that to the title but realised that a lot of people don’t like kale. That’s ok, you can easily substitute any leafy green or leave it out all together if you are completely averse to it. But we like kale, the kids too, we even grow it in our veggie patch which may have contributed greatly to the kids love of it. Either way, it is good for you, its flavour is pretty well hidden in this dish and it adds some colour.
Chorizo & Pumpkin Frittata
700g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 chorizo, case removed, torn into chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup caramelised onion relish
100g kale (or other leafy green), torn into pieces
100g Feta cheese or soft goats cheese, crumbled
150ml fresh pouring cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place pumpkin and chorizo in a baking dish and drizzle with oil, S&P. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180C
- Add the relish, kale and feta to the pumpkin and gently toss together.
- Whisk your eggs and cream together with S&P and pour over the top of everything.
- Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes until fluffy and golden.
I found that this would serve 4, you could easily add more chorizo and eggs to increase your serves.
What time of the day would you eat this?
Do you like kale?
Oh, and did I mention I love Link PartiesLove it. Follow me. . .