I have been generously nominated for a Liebster Award over on The Style Within. Cool Fact– her name is Malinda too. It’s not often I come across people with the same spelling as me, so that’s exciting. Her blog, like many of us, is a creative outlet for her and she blogs all about her shopping, fashion and lifestyle. Read her Liebster Award post here to find out more about her and say hello.
Bloggers seem to love the whole chain letter type thing, as evidenced by the recent rash of Why I Write posts, and I think that is all because we are like a small community and love to share the love. That is pretty much what this ‘award’ is about. It is about discovering new blogs, shouting out to each other and I suppose finding out a little about the person behind the blog. For the curious, Liebster is German for darling and it is from this same country that the idea originated, about 4 years ago as far as I can tell. I must admit I remember being nominated for this award way back when I first started blogging and I had no idea what to do and it silently slipped into the background. This time I promised myself to do something about it.
Malinda from The Style Within posed 10 questions to me which I apparently have to answer before I can accept this shiny little award. So here goes …
1. What are you passionate about? My family & happiness. If it doesn’t contribute to my or my family’s happiness then I’m out.
2. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Scrubbing the shower.
3. My favourite time of the year is………? I love Summer in general. The long hot days, the celebrations (mainly Christmas, I love Christmas!), the food, the cold drinks, the endless hours of outdoor fun, the beach, seriously, what’s not to love!
4. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Fluently speak another language – I know some Italian though French would probably be more practical. Unless I decided to move to Italy.
5. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? I’m not sure, someone once told me I looked like Georgie Parker. I don’t really follow celebrity stories so I wouldn’t know.
6. What was the last book or movie that made you tear up or cry? I have been reading Charlie & Chocolate Factory to my 5 year old daughter and I forgot how sad the start of it was, the real tear jerker moment though was when poor little starving Charlie found the last Golden Ticket.
7. High heels or flats? Or, what do you mean or?!
8. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? More often than not I’m referred to as Mummy nowadays and don’t hear my ‘real’ name very often so I don’t think there is a need to change it.
9. The best place you’ve been for a holiday was……? I’m not sure I have one best place, there have been so many amazing holidays which have been the best for different reasons. I loved exploring Africa and seeing the wild animals and great wide expanses. Europe is breathtaking at every turn and I could easily live in France or Italy. And Asia is great for a natural escape and the food is just amazing and I could return just for that. And then there is Australia, a country full of possibilities and incredible memories. Sorry but I can’t pick just one.
10. What makes you a good person? I’m not a bad person so I suppose that makes me good. My approach to life and the actions I take are positive and mostly focussed on making others and myself feel good. I also try to give back as much as I take.
So there you have it I can now proudly accept my Liebster award. Thank you, I can hear the applause from here. I also need to nominate other bloggers for the award so please keep the applause going. I know so many wonderful bloggers now and found it difficult to choose who to nominate so I decided to go with the theme of fellow Gold Coast bloggers. Besides our geographical similarities I think we are all pretty awesome. (Maybe we should all catch up and have a Liebster celebratory coffee, because any excuse will do right?!) Announcing the next wave of Liebster Award winners …
Emily Toxward from Have a Laugh on Me Emily writes in an honest and more often than not in a humourous way, which I love.
Kate Armstrong from Raising Misters As you may guess Kate blogs about raising her boys and shares her finds in the hunt to find cool stuff for boys, as well as life in general.
Melissa Chambers from Camper Trailer Travels This is my inspiration for travelling Australia. Melissa shares her adventures including the before, during and after stages.
Trudie Bristow from My Vintage Childhood A life long lover of vintage she shares how she brings this into the modern world with a few adorable DIY Tutorials and even her own Etsy store.
Now for the house keeping. For those playing along, here are the general rules:
1. Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you (because that’s just good manners really!)
2. Answer 10 questions by the nominator (you will find these listed below)
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award (& obviously let them know)
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer (be creative as you like)
5. Display your award button and shout it from the rooftops
And the fun part, my 10 questions for my nominees are:
1. Sweet or Salty?
2. Where do you Wanderlust for?
3. What was the last book you read? For yourself, not the kids!
4. If you had $100 burning a hole in your pocket what would you spend it on?
5. What are 5 of your favourite things from this week?
6. When was the last time someone/thing made you laugh really hard?
7. If you were kicked off your computer right now, what would you do?
8. What would you love your ‘last meal’ to be?
9. What is the first song that comes to your mind (really!)?
10. Do you prefer Summer (hot) or Winter (cold)?
I hope you all look forward to reading more about my fellow GC Bloggers as much as I do, so keep an eye on them. Feel free to join in and share any of your answers below.Love it. Follow me. . .