There are a lot of these recipes going about at the moment and it is easy to see or rather taste why. They are healthy, filling, hit the sweet spot, pack an extra veggie in and freeze for easy and quick snacks for the whole family.
Mini Chocolate Chip & Zucchini Bites
1 egg (easily replace with soaked chia seeds)
1 cup apple puree
1 ½ cups grated zucchini, squeeze out excess liquid
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 cups plain wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup dark choc chips
- Heat oven to 160C & line mini cupcake pans
- Combine egg, apple, zucchini, sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and choc chips. Stir well to combine.
- Add your dry and wet ingredients together, stir gently to combine.
- Scoop tablespoons of the mixture into each mini case. Bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden and a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool then eat or freeze for easy healthy lunch box snacks for the whole family.
Do you sneak veggies into sweet treats?
Would you like to sneak a few of these into your lunch bag?