- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (for base)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, melted (for base)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 100g butter (for fudge)
- 250g brown sugar (for fudge)
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 50g chocolate (for fudge)
- 3 x 35g Peppermint Crisp bars, finely chopped
- 200g White Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a slice tin, extend paper higher to help lift it out afterwards
2. Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, coconut and butter and press into the tin to make the base of the slice. Bake for 15 minutes until firm Set aside to cool (I put mine in the fridge to cool it faster).
3. Make a basic chocolate fudge by mixing in a bowl the condensed milk, butter, sugar and syrup. Heat in the microwave for about 10 minutes, stirring every 1-2minutes until bubbles appear and it darkens. While still hot stir in chocolate and 2/3 of peppermint crisp.
4. Spread fudge mixture over base. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (at least an hour).
5. Melt your white chocolate and spread over the fudge layer and sprinkle with remaining peppermint crisp pieces.
6. Once set, slice into small pieces to serve. I like to cut all different size pieces so people can choose how much they want to have.